Beautiful Spring Weekend!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Wow. There has been some SERIOUS business going on around this place. I have now painted the base color coat on the chicken house! It's a nice natural sage green. The brick red roof looks pretty sharp if I do say so myself. We'll be adding doors, shutters, and window boxes in a few days to finish off the look. The trim on the ladies' house will be in an earthy gold and more of that luscious brick red! Yeah baby!!

We, ha, I say we like I actually did any digging... Terry and Courtney, got the first strip of the garden dug and filled. That's some super duper soil down in there. My plants should take off like crazy... now, I just have to go put the seeds in the soil...

It's lovely weather though. I just hung laundry out today. There is nothing better than the crispness and the smell of clothes off the line. Grace has been having a lot of fun outside playing in the warmer weather herself. She's really been enjoying all the digging going on. I know she's a little girl, but I think there's a little boy in there somewhere too!

I also got my Mother's Day present early. I've been eye-balling those beautiful Crape Myrtles... they are just so lovely in bloom... so I bought myself one. HA!!! Yeah, I did. I emailed Courtney and told him he was off the hook. He he. Hey, but I got myself something I'd wanted for a long time...

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 5, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

Did you take the bras and panties down before you took the picture, or are they carefully hidden?

;-)

- Gracie's Daddy

Kathryn Maberry May 5, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Would those be our old clothes line poles I see in that picture? I've got a basket ready to go out on the line myself. What a B-E-A-utiful day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Wanna Read!

  • The Way They Learn - Tobias
  • Teaching the Trivium - Bluedorn
  • The Well-Trained Mind
  • Get Wisdom! - Ruth Younts
  • Little House on the Prairie series - Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • The Pursuit of Holiness - Jerry Bridges
  • Primal - Mark Batterson
  • Hipster Christianity - Brett McCracken
  • Gospel Powered Parenting - William P. Farley
  • Five Things Every Christian Needs to Grow - RC Sproul
  • When People are Big and God is Small - Edward T. Welch
  • Chosen by God - RC Sproul
  • The Discipline of Grace - Jerry Bridges
  • Radical - David Platt

Reading it Now!

  • The New Read-Aloud Handbook - Trelease
  • Honey for a Child's Heart - Gladys Hunt
  • Little House in the Big Woods - Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Bringing up Boys - Dr James Dobson

Past Reads

  • The Three R's - Ruth Beechick
  • Mary Pride's Complete Guide to Homeschooling
  • What is a Healthy Church? - Mark Dever
  • What is a Healthy Church Member? - Thabiti M. Anyabwile
  • Feminine Appeal - Carolyn Mahaney
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart - Ted Tripp
  • Crazy Love - Francis Chan
  • When Life is Hard - James MacDonald
  • Food and Love - Dr. Gary Smalley
  • For Women Only - Shaunti Feldhahn
  • For Men Only - Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn
  • The Gospel for Real Life - Jerry Bridges
  • Living the Cross Centered Life - CJ Mahaney
  • Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge
  • Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul - John Eldredge
  • Dare to Discipline - Dr. James Dobson
  • The No-Cry Sleep Solution - Elizabeth Pantley
  • Parenting is Not for Cowards by Dr. James Dobson
  • The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
  • The Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP